Friday 25 August 2017

Hares and Hounds

My performance in the monthly club Hare & Hound events have shown some ongoing improvement in the times taken. There would have to have been some sort of improvement. After all, the times could hardly be worse in a racing environment resulting in me being the resident club 'hare'. All the events that I've entered since getting to paddle more regularly have been in the 4 mile distance. (actual 4.3 mls). They were:-

March.  58:10.   May.  55:08.   June. 53:08.   July.  52:31.    Aug.  51:00

This is after usually three, weekly sessions of between four and six miles which all include an 'intervals' element. The main purpose of which has been centred on keeping the paddling going  without taking too many 'rests'. The result of five months work then has been to remove a total of just seven minutes from covering a 4.3 mile course. Not really very good when working from an already poor baseline. The thing is that this time is about the same as that recorded two years ago as a split in the six mile course about a month before the injury.

Although I was only able to complete five of the twelve H&H events through this year, the points I've scored have placed me 2nd in the end of season table, which isn't too bad I suppose. Anyway, a new season starts with the September event and I intend to then move up to the six-mile event to play with the big boys again. To do so I'm going to have to up the training mileage to sessions of over six miles which may help a bit with my monthly 55 miles target. 

I've been falling behind a bit with the 500 X 500 target averaging out at about 50 a month so far this year but it feels as if I can begin to stretch the monthly mileage a bit and make up the difference of about 50 miles that I've let slide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment